Monday, September 16, 2013

My Secret Obsession

Other than eating frosting out of the container and watching really terrible teen soap operas, I really love creating bulletin boards.  When I first started teaching my bulletin boards were not good at all.  My colleague, Olivia, even told me a few years later how much better I was getting at bulletin boards.  I don't want to brag or anything, but my boards are amazing.  I thought I would share some of these wonderful creations with you.  Some of these are my very own brainstorms, others are quotes that I loved, and some are borrowed from wonderful teachers.  Feel free to borrow any of these ideas as well.  Always remember, make it your own too.  Add something that makes your board special.  I always try to add something that the kids do, or something personal to the school.  


This is a bulletin board I used during The Revolutionary War.  On the saucer the students wrote the causes of the Revolutionary War and on the teacup they wrote the effects of the war.  Below are some examples of what the students did.  






For St. Patrick's Day our school had a door decorating contest sponsored by our Student Service Council.  Our class won, obviously.  We made a game similar to Candy Land, but it is Clover Land instead.  Each different section of the board was a different subject area.  We played this a few times, and it was a ton of fun.  



For open house, or another event that involves people coming in to school, I always have some kind of guess who activity.  One year I did "Guess The Smile".  I took pictures of just the students' smiles and the guests had to guess who.  The one above, I was talking about differences in others.  We talked about how some people use sign language to talk.  Above the students cut out the letters for their names and pasted them on the paper.  The visitors had to figure out who it is using the letters of sign language.  


Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I saw this quote online, and thought it was going to be perfect for my fall bulletin board. The students made leaves in the shape of hearts and used water colors on them.  Even though it did not take up a huge amount of the board, I really loved it.  


In my opinion Christmas should be all year long.  I do love fall though too.  I was in charge of games for our Christmas Bazaar, and thought doing a pin the heart on the Grinch game would be fun.  That led me to paint the Grinch, and I couldn't paint him without his adorable trusty side kick, Max.  


I dread Catholic Schools' Week every year mostly because the slogans are so hard to make a bulletin board for.  Now that my creative bulletin boards are my guilty pleasure, I have to have it amazing.  On each of the rays of the sun the students had to write how they will work really hard this year to "Rays" their standards. 


This is the bulletin board above my computer.  I have kept it up for 2 years, mostly because I really need to remember to pray with some of the students I have had.  They are great, but like many children, they can be tough sometimes.  


This bulletin board was done during our "Celebrate Reading" week.  This was also the week that I broke my leg.  Luckily, I got the board done before I broke my leg so I didn't have to climb up on a chair to put this up.  This is a Dr. Seuss quote.  


Another Catholic Schools' Week bulletin board.  This one was borrowed from another teacher.  I saw this online, and had to do it.  I changed it slightly and added "Faith, academics, and service" in the bottom of the rocket.  This was the theme for CSW that year.  


Over the years some of my favorite bulletin boards were Lent ones.  This one is pretty self explanatory.  On the masks, the students wrote how they will stay away from temptation.  

44 comments:

  1. I love your Tea Party cause and effect cups! Would you be willing or able to share the template you give the kids to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you have the template for the Tea Party activity? I love that ideas and am in the middle of teaching the American Revolution unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love the template for the tea party activity if you are willing to share it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like your tea party template if you are sharing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of you tea party template - it is a really cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the tea party template it super cute
    tracy.richter@rsd.edu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also love a template for your tea party cause & effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi would you please email me a copy of the tea cup (cause & effect) activity to rita11553@gmail.com -Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love your template for the tea party cause & effect as well. thanks so much! My email is : thouseholder@oconee.k12.sc.us

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would also love the template for the tea party cause and effect, it's such a creative idea. My email is redwards9995@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would also love the template for the tea party cause and effect! I loved the idea. My email is robynbraswell@johnston.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would also love the template for the tea party cause and effect. shelly.baker@pottsvilleschools.org Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love the template for the tea party cause and effect also. I think this is an awesome idea. Thanks!
    linda.reece@glynn.k12.ga.us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love a template of the tea party activity please
    pmorris@vusd.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did anyone get the template of the tea party cause and effect? If so, I would love it too! Awesome idea! christ.nelson@norris.k12.ca.us

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would also love the tea party cup/saucer
    lindsay.frank@immanueldanbury.org

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love if you can send me the tea party cause and effect saucer
    rikkiwasser@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would also absolutely love the tea party template. Thank you!
    wenco7_5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also love your Tea Party cause and effect cups! Would love the template as I am beginning the unit this week.
    mcmewers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to get the template of the tea party cups as well!! micbus32@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea! I would also love to get the template of the tea party cups. Thanks! bhahn2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you are sharing I would also love to get the template of the tea party activity. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you are sharing I would also love to get the template of the tea party activity. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a fellow bulletin board fanatic :) I would love the tea party template as well...deasone@duvalschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love your tea cup template also. chapmanp@oskycsd.org Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi thank you for sharing all these great ideas. If possible can you e-mail me a copy of the tea party template at zesquijerosa@gmail.com....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi thank you for sharing all these great ideas. If possible can you e-mail me a copy of the tea party template at zesquijerosa@gmail.com....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love a copy of the Boston Tea Party template. My email is nbowen@scotland.k12.nc.us
    Thanks so much,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would also love the Boston Tea Party template. My email is sbordy5@gmail.com.
    Thank you,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would also love the Boston Tea Party template. My email is hberschl@psd202.org.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would also love the Boston Tea Party template. My email is erobison@setonpaloalto.org.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love the Boston Tea Party template if you don't mind sharing! It's such a cute idea!! My email is mpickles@angelo.edu

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  33. i would love a copy of your Boston tea party template - kathleen_gabriel@charleston.k12.sc.us.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello, I'd love the Boston Tea Party template if you don't mind sharing! It's an fantastic idea! My email is Slavi93@outlook.com

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would love the Tea Party template if anyone got it! Thanks!! ruder_21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love the template of the teacups if you are willing to share.

    Danielsh@bcsd.com

    Thank you,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  37. Can I get a template of the cause and effect teacups?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi,

    I am a student intern and was wondering if you could send me a copy of your teacup template. The unit I am creating for my class is on the Boston Tea Party. I would really appreciate it! My email is cpburdock0@frostburg.edu

    Thanks,

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  39. Can I get a copy of your teacup template as well? My email is brandwhitney@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can I please get a copy of your teacup template as well? Thanks! Lauragant9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. If you're sharing the teacup template, I'd love to use it in my classroom! JLeavitt@npsct.org Would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  42. is there anyway I could get your teacup template. jhardman3@hotmail.com Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  43. May I please have a copy of the teacup template? Thank you in advance :) gsites@sandi.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the Boston Tea Party Tea cups. Can I get a copy of the template? heatherb@birchesacademy.org

    ReplyDelete